Job Title: Logistics Operations Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL
About World’s Finest® Chocolate
Family-owned for three generations, World's Finest® Chocolate crafts our unique family recipe from our sweet home Chicago. By using only the finest raw ingredients, we ensure that every piece will satisfy your chocolate cravings. Since 1949, our fundraising products have helped our customers raise over $4,000,000,000. We are equally proud to create Queen Anne® cordial cherries and a scrumptious selection of gift items.
About the Position
As a Logistics Operations Specialist, you’ll serve as a key liaison between Logistics, Customer Service and the Sales team. Your primary accountability is to ensure on-time, cost-effective deliveries to customers, maintaining service levels and verifying that warehouse & carrier partners are meeting WFC standards.
- Ensure timely customer deliveries with the World’s Finest Experience. Watch stock levels at assigned warehouses to minimize stock outs. Work with Deployment Manager to maintain sufficient inventory levels. Handle order re-scheduling for timely deliveries. Work with sales team on any special handling requests.
- Monitor open order report for prompt shipment and post goods issued. Ensure warehouse follow proper stock rotation. Work with warehouses to ensure proper data flow. Report on service levels from each distribution center.
- Ensure assigned carriers are picking up on time and are being utilized. Work with carrier reps on any delivery issues.
- Coordinate annual inventory at assigned warehouses with reconciliation and adjustments.
- B.S. Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related field required.
- Ideal candidate 1) has five years of experience in a logistics role and 2) is known for being friendly, assertive and having a shared sense of urgency to respond quickly to our customers’ immediate needs.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills required. Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Experience at food/confections manufacturer preferred.
Easily Apply!: Please send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. We will begin talking with qualified applicants immediately. So, the sooner you apply, the better!