Job Title: Food Manufacturing Supervisor
Location: Chicago, IL
About World’s Finest® Chocolate
Family-owned for three generations, World's Finest® Chocolate crafts our unique family recipe from our sweet home Chicago. By using only the finest raw ingredients, we ensure that every piece will satisfy your chocolate cravings. Since 1949, our fundraising products have helped our customers raise over $4,000,000,000. We are equally proud to create Queen Anne® cordial cherries and a scrumptious selection of gift items.
About the Position
Lead and coordinate the activities of a team of 20-40 hourly and temporary production employees with the objective of exceeding established safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals in an SQF-certified chocolate production facility.
- Lead and/or participate in the production operations continuous improvement activities based on the application of lean manufacturing methods. Determine varied methods of improvement through engaging the employees. Contribute as an active team member on various cross-functional teams.
- Assist in developing and achieving department goals and budget. Ensure that all Production records are maintained and available when needed.
- Lead by example in all safety, sanitation and “5S” regulations. Follow all applicable standards of work. Maintain clean and sanitary conditions according to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Apply the concepts of HACCP and established company quality systems to daily management of work.
- Create and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports in order to determine production requirements and evaluate current production estimates and outputs. Ensure that all business related items are successfully and professionally communicated to coworkers, either verbally or in writing.
- Inspect materials, products and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions and recommend action. Work with contractors, vendors, and technicians as necessary to keep production functioning effectively and efficiently. Coordinate and facilitate departmental repairs or requests.
- Hire and supervise personnel for the production line, including on the job training, work assignments, performance management and development. Recommend or initiate all actions of employment, performance feedback, promotions, transfers, disciplinary measures and if needed, termination.
- B.S. Degree in Industrial Management, Engineering or Operations related field required.
- Ideal candidate has 3-5 years in Operations with 1-2 years leadership experience required.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing tools, Six Sigma designation a plus( Green Belt)
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite required, SAP preferred
- Experience at food/confections manufacturer preferred
Easily Apply!: Please send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. We will begin talking with qualified applicants immediately. So, the sooner you apply, the better!