Job Title: Food Lab Technician
Location: Chicago, IL
About World’s Finest® Chocolate
Family-owned for three generations, World's Finest® Chocolate crafts our unique family recipe from our sweet home Chicago. By using only the finest raw ingredients, we ensure that every piece will satisfy your chocolate cravings. Since 1949, our fundraising products have helped our customers raise over $4,000,000,000. We are equally proud to create Queen Anne® cordial cherries and a scrumptious selection of gift items.
About the Position
In this role you’ll perform testing to monitor quality, performance of finished product to established quality standards and provide quality chocolate to all our valued customers.
- Perform in-process testing for WFC & Contract Manufacturing products for, but not limited to: weight, thickness, length, package appearance, and density of product. Check for possible presence of foreign material contamination. Collect product samples and retain samples as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain records pertinent to these Quality checks and reports abnormalities to manufacturing operator, and supervisor. Maintain all appropriate Quality logs and reports as required.
- Inspect finished products as required by checking net weights, appearance, wraps, quality, coding, breakage, count, etc. Ensure that all in-process analyses are effective and to standards.
- Ensure that product and production quality procedures/ policies and standards are being adhered to. Inform operators and production supervisors of non-conformance situations, and ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Monitor production machinery and metal detectors to ensuring proper functionality; and inform supervisor of defective situations.
- If applicable, understand the concepts of HACCP, and where needed, trained to monitor specific CCPs in the Department.
- High School Diploma/ GED required. Food Safety certification preferred.
- One to three years in a Quality Assurance /Control group in the food industry Required
- Reading, writing and high school-level math skills Required
- Microsoft Word/Office required SAP Preferred
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing and/or SQF-certified facility preferred.
Easily Apply!: Please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. We will begin talking with qualified applicants immediately. So, the sooner you apply, the better!