It’s the key to our long-term success.
While we’re serious about making high-quality chocolate, we’re also serious about having fun. So, while we can’t make having a good sense of humor a job requirement, we definitely appreciate delivering a well-timed joke, making each other laugh and sharing smiles.
Humble with a big heart, our CEO Eddie Opler sets the tone for working hard and having fun at World’s Finest® Chocolate. Our team is made up of talented, considerate and generous employees who care deeply about the success of our business and each other.
Here are some examples of what makes WFC a special place:
- Partnering with Junior Achievement Chicago - We Teach-For-A-Day, share our career stories at Reverse Job Shadow Day, and show how well we roll at our annual Bowl-A-Thon fundraiser.
- Celebrating Pi(e) Day (3.14 or March 14) with our employees, contractors and visiting guests.
- Hosting fun events in our Café like the “Separated at Birth” guessing game, and making games like giant Jenga and cornhole available for our employees to play on breaks.
- Tasting chocolate in the Lab.
- Participating in the Chase Corporate Challenge since 2009 and bringing much needed chocolate to other participants that visit our tent.
- Bring Your Child and Bring Your Parent to Work Days with chocolate factory tours and tastings.
- Providing an all-company “Win as One” bonus program, so all of our eyes are on the prize.
- Recognizing employees who practice our Core Values through actions and ideas with our Core Values in Action! Program.
- Holding Town Hall meetings twice a year, with company updates and a comprehensive Q-&-A session with Eddie, our CEO.
- Taking a break at our Summer Picnic – BBQ, music and #Tagprints, a gif-making photo booth!
- Celebrating our founder’s birthday with lunch, birthday cake, and gifts for all.
- Supplying employees with full-size chocolate bars before Halloween to take home for trick-or-treaters.
- Did we say tasting chocolate in the lab?
- Giving employees a grocery store gift card at Thanksgiving to help with the cost of their family meal.
- Collecting nonperishable food and monetary donations in December for The Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Sharing a meal served by the senior leadership team before we break for the holidays.