Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Location: Chicago, IL
About World’s Finest® Chocolate
Family-owned for three generations, World's Finest® Chocolate crafts our unique family recipe from our sweet home Chicago. By using only the finest raw ingredients, we ensure that every piece will satisfy your chocolate cravings. Since 1949, our fundraising products have helped our customers raise over $4,000,000,000. We are equally proud to create Queen Anne® cordial cherries and a scrumptious selection of gift items.
About the Position
As a Sr. Staff Accountant, you’ll prepare consolidated financial statements for both internal & external parties. Gather & maintain all of the supporting information related to the monthly financial close and monthly account reconciliations to ensure that the accounts supporting the financial statements are correct. Support the annual audit process and any interim bank audit.
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to GAAP.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenue, financial commitments and obligations, to ensure the accuracy \ reasonableness of the financial statements.
- Manage the account reconciliation process as well as the preparation of assigned account reconciliations.
- Adhere to the current monthly close process and seek new ways to improve processes within accounting \ finance.
- Ensure compliance with all government and banking reporting requirements, under direct control.
- Drive continuous enhancements to reporting and analysis capabilities and the functionality of existing reporting tools through the development and maintenance of new and existing processes and reports for the tracking of key performance metrics.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state polices and directives, and current accounting standards. Assist with the establishment of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide backup for the Treasury function.
- B.A. Degree in Accounting required with a CPA, preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in Corporate or Public Accounting and at least two years preparing financial statements.
- MS Office Suite proficiency and Advanced Excel skills required as well as knowledge of SAP as an ERP
- Experience at food/confections manufacturer preferred.
Easily Apply!: Please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. We will begin talking with qualified applicants immediately. So, the sooner you apply, the better!