Job Title: Senior Manager, Purchasing (commodity purchasing experience required)
Location: Chicago, IL
About World’s Finest® Chocolate
Family-owned for three generations, World's Finest® Chocolate crafts our unique family recipe from our sweet home Chicago. By using only the finest raw ingredients, we ensure that every piece will satisfy your chocolate cravings. Since 1949, our fundraising products have helped our customers raise over $4,000,000,000. We are equally proud to create Queen Anne® cordial cherries and a scrumptious selection of gift items.
About the Position
As a Senior Manager, you’ll lead the Purchasing department through individual procurement activities of commodity ingredients and guidance in best practices of pricing, contract and vendor management. Take accountability for assigned duties, and perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability. Actively review marketplace conditions, economic and political climates with regard to purchasing commodities such as ingredients-cocoa, sugar, nuts, as well as energy and other specialty products.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales. Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers. Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices. Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Direct and coordinate activities of the department engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies. Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered
- Ensure that all business-related items are successfully and professionally communicated to co-workers, either verbally or in writing.
- Model the company culture of Accountability Leadership.
- Actively guide career development of direct reports as a team that impacts the business. Guide the Purchasing manager in leading others and developing leadership skills Review performance and provide feedback -coaching, counseling, and mentoring as required to ensure successful performance. Ensure identified development needs of staff members are met by job opportunities and training.
- B.S. Degree in Business related field required.
- Ideal candidate has 10 years in Operations /Purchasing with food commodity experience; 5 years of leadership experience required.
- Microsoft Office Suite required, SAP preferred
- Experience at food/confections manufacturer preferred.
Easily Apply!: Please send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. We will begin talking with qualified applicants immediately. So, the sooner you apply, the better!