Job Title: Continuous Improvement Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL
About World’s Finest® Chocolate
Family-owned for three generations, World's Finest® Chocolate crafts our unique family recipe from our sweet home Chicago. By using only the finest raw ingredients, we ensure that every piece will satisfy your chocolate cravings. Since 1949, our fundraising products have helped our customers raise over $4,000,000,000. We are equally proud to create Queen Anne® cordial cherries and a scrumptious selection of gift items.
About the Position
As a member of the WFC Continuous Improvement department, you will serve as a key leader to identify and reduce waste and product variation through the application of basic Continuous Improvement methodologies, such as Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma. Lead and support teams launched in the plant to identify and eliminate waste and variation. Lead and assist in the implementation of recommendations for employee ideas to improve efficiencies and reduce cost. Coach the company on all levels to strive for operational excellence.
The Continuous Improvement team must be able to engage employees in service and leadership. This position resides on day shift; however, the position supports all shifts of operation. Depending on plant requirements, flexibility from time to time may be required.
Safety and Quality
- Identify safety hazards and manage performance
- Engage in positive safety behaviors
- Maintain clean and sanitary conditions according to Good Manufacturing Practices
- Understand the concepts of WFC’s HACCP Plan and other related food safety objectives, take actions to support the plan and ensure that it is upheld to its highest standards through employee awareness and understanding
- Lean implementation and training of 5S across the value stream team with a visual management plan
- Lead value stream activities based on the application of Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies such as Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Recognize the “7 Deadly Wastes” and how to eliminate them from our daily work routine
- Lead Kaizen Events and 5S throughout the value streams
- Manage data systems used by production
- Advocate for the use of RedZone (our productivity data collection system) through troubleshooting of issues and plant application technical support
- Create Standards of Work (SOW) and training documents in multimedia form
- Assist in activities related to paperless plant initiative
- Support activities in all areas of the plant including safety, quality, and production
- Train others to improve their problem-solving skills with tools, such as Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions, 5 Why’s, Fishbone Diagram, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/ Manufacturing Engineering required.
- Access, Microsoft & PowerPoint skills required.
- Intermediate Excel skills & SAP preferred.
- Six Sigma-Green /Black Belt & Lean Manufacturing preferred
- 3 + years of demonstrated experience in using continuous improvement tools & leading project teams, leading 5S and Kaizen events in an industrial setting,
- Proficient in math, algebra, statistics and their applications; excellent communication skills required.
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing and/or SQF-certified facility preferred.
Easily Apply!: Please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. We will begin talking with qualified applicants immediately. So, the sooner you apply, the better!