Job Title: Credit & Collections Associate Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
About World’s Finest® Chocolate
Family-owned for three generations, World's Finest® Chocolate crafts our unique family recipe from our sweet home Chicago. By using only the finest raw ingredients, we ensure that every piece will satisfy your chocolate cravings. Since 1949, our fundraising products have helped our customers raise over $4,000,000,000. We are equally proud to create Queen Anne® cordial cherries and a scrumptious selection of gift items.
About the Position
Work with Customer Service and the Customer Solutions Managers to direct and conduct the day to day activities of accounts receivable, collections, credit approval, and sales tax exemption adherence in a fast-paced call center driven environment. This role will collaborate within the team to ensure successful delivery of our products and programs, with urgency and ownership. Integration with Customer Service and providing the finest Customer Experience is a must.
- Operate as lead point of contact for all matters specific to accounts receivable and collections reporting and planning. Effectively define collections weekly/monthly strategies to ensure team’s successful performance and achievement of department and company goals working within a matrix management with the Customer Service management team.
- Professionally handle all incoming requests from Customers and Independent Sales Representatives (ISR’s) and WFC departments including Customer Service, Shipping, Accounting, and others.
- Work with team as appropriate to ensure execution of all defined processes for the extension of credit to new customer accounts and effectively communicate credit determination to customers and others as required. Define collections strategies and collaborate with Customer Solutions Managers to execute accounts receivable functions, which includes assignment of outbound weekly collection calls, timely credit card payment processing, management of inbound email and phone request queues, Bad Debt write off program, and Customer Sell Out Bonus Award program.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure every inbound order is processed efficiently and in accordance with credit and sales tax policy guidelines, while safeguarding all personal customer credit information and maintain according to required guidelines. Collaborate with the Sr. Tax Analyst to ensure proper sales tax administration is being adhered to within the department.
- Contribute to the overall direction of the department, which includes developing and improving operations goals of the department, training, and development of the staff.
- Maintain all automated department correspondence and collection letter mailings, complete department AR metrics reporting, Commission Policy Exception reviews, provide internal and external training presentations.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvement and collaborate with peers inside and outside of Customer and Field Relations to standardize and implement best practices.
- B.S. Business, Accounting or related field required.
- Ideal candidate has 1) 3 -5 years in accounting with expertise in Account Receivable; Credit & Collections; Sales Tax exemption processing and 2) 1-2 years previous experience managing and coaching others
- Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced Excel required, SAP preferred
- Experience at food/confections manufacturer preferred.
Easily Apply!: Please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. We will begin talking with qualified applicants immediately. So, the sooner you apply, the better!